You may have received a Seizure or Detention notice from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, found out that you are the target of an investigation, or discovered that you are otherwise to be penalized for the alleged violation of a CBP – enforced regulation. You need counsel to protect your rights. Rights not asserted in a timely manner are often lost.
U.S. Customs Seizures are almost always a surprise and may happen even when you attempt to follow applicable laws and regulations. If you are an importer wrongly accused, we will stand between you and Customs Border Protection to petition for release of a seizure and /or seek the reduction or complete elimination of any fines and penalties.
Neil B. Mooney, Esq. and the Mooney Law Firm can represent you in Customs investigations and penalty proceedings for negligence, gross negligence or fraud. If you believe that you may have violated CBP’s regulations but have not received an official notification, we can assist you in evaluating your issues and seek to resolve the issue with Customs prior to the initiation of a formal investigation to minimize potential liability.
Neil B. Mooney, has 38 years of experience in Customs Brokerage or the practice of Customs law . He has learned to interpret and apply federal and state laws pertaining to cross-border transactions and shipping services. He has counseled U.S. and international clients with regard to Customs seizures. Please contact us today for a free legal consultation without any obligation.
Other issues The Mooney Law Firm, LLC can assist you with include:
- Monetary Seizures (please refer to www.moneyseizure.com)
- Allegations by Customs of product Counterfeiting
- Alleged Trademark Violations
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Import or Export Issues
- Environmental Protective Agency (EPA) Import or Export Issues
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Import or Export Issues
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Import or Export Issues
- Export Administrative Regulations (EAR) and licensing
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and licensing
- Federal Maritime Commission/OTI licensing
- Regardless of the reason, any other issues arising from the import or export of goods
- Current Monetary Seizure Outcomes Link to our Trade Blog